Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Now That's Deep...

So here I am once again. Small's is asleep and SKIA's at work. Moments like these provide ample opportunity to think... ALOT. I went to go purchase a printer last night and so I was at Wally-World (Wal-Mart)pushing my cart around looking for the cheapest but decent printer available. I found it. But you need to buy the USB cord, and paper, and if you really thought you'd be using a ton of ink in one night- an extra ink cartridge. I thought wow- you have to buy ALL this extra stuff just to get the system working- isn't that what you pay for when you buy the box it comes in? BUT I was glad to see that what I did pay for in that box included a Greeting Card Factory CD. SO if I ever want to make a "greeting" card I can. I could've had a USB cable instead of that CD! I'm sure there are tons of other ways to say hi, but whatever. :-P *le sigh* Whatcha gonna do?
While I'm at Wal-Mart I also pick up a few things from "The List". It's always a smart thing to take a list with you when you go to the store. You don't forget what you went there for AND you can scratch off what's already in the cart instead of having to check it off mentally as you're in line (I've seen people do that and sometimes you can see the worried look on their face- like they KNOW they forgot something important). Anyhoo... I pick up some Women's Multivitamins, some Calcium supplement, a box of tic-tac's, a box of breastmilk storage bags, and a box of foil along with the paper and USB cord that didn't come in the box it should've. I even thought of buying a surge protector thingy, but was like well what if I overload the wall- then I'd be in REAL trouble so I skipped the protector.
Going back to my list... the multivitamins and the calcium. I searched for good ones, but the good ones that have a decent price (Heck yeah I'm on a budget!). I came out with the One-A-Day Women's that supports breast and bone health; and a Calcium supplement from Spring Valley with vitamin D for better calcium absorption or whatever. I'm far from being a health freak, but I do realize that if I don't take care of myself- lots of things could go wrong. I could have osteoporosis; my milk supply will suffer as will Small's; I could get breast cancer- well it wouldn't be because of my lack of vitamins, but that's beside the point. So I had an epiphany right there in the store... what did people do before there were pills to pop? I mean people in the bible lived like over 900 years and they didn't have "supplements". I'm stretching that one a bit further than necessary, but seriously- what did our ancestors do to live a long time? We have so many health issues- it's like the newer the generation the more problems they have to solve to keep them alive longer. Like 8 year olds having heart problems from cholesterol clogging up their arteries! Isn't that for old people? Or 2 year olds with diabetes! What in the world?! I thought those kinds of things happen to "grown-ups"! I mean, lots of things are going bad for the young generation. Higher divorce rate, fatter kids, obesity killing off people, "non-traditional" families, a mother's boyfriend kills her son, people blowing eachother up, presidential candidates are putting celebreties in their ads, atheists demanding to promote their religion, Evolution is the Solution, shootings in schools, children beatin up their mommies because she didn't approve of their girlfriend or boyfriend, people fighting for the sheer experience in the school bathroom, teen pregnancy rates skyrocketing, 1 in 4 teens has an STD, kids having sex IN SCHOOL! I mean- what is wrong with the world?! This is what I have to raise Small's in?!
Wow- that went from supplements to sex in school... hmm... waaay to much time to think about stuff. Maybe I should go wash the dishes or something. Yeah- that's what I'll do. Check ya on the flip side. This is BEG's signing off.

No comments: