Thursday, August 7, 2008

Fredricksburg, TX- our little family outing

Last night SKIA rolls over and asks me, "How would you like to go to Fredricksburg?" and my response was "Sure, why not?" He then says that we could spend the day there and just get out of the house since he didn't have work. I smile and excitedly look forward to our little outing. This morning we got out of bed around 9am and eventually left our living space around 12:30pm. I was a little frustrated because I wanted to get there in a timely fashion. but SKIA was planning our itinerary. We picked up lunch on the way and by the time we were to Fair Oaks Ranch Small's desperately needed to be fed. I was smart (or so I thought) and brought a bag of frozen me- milk. Mistake number one: not thawing it out at home. Mistake number two: after her drinking most of it... I add water since Small's would be out in the hot sun and I didn't want her to get dehydrated. Unfortunately for me mistake number two had repercussions from that point until... well it may still have them. When I happen to mix milk and water, Small's has serious poopage. She had at least three big ones (mind you they hurt her bottom) at each of our stops for the afternoon and evening. We went to the Wild Seed Farm first and it went very well until it happened. She is screaming and inconsolable. I change her, she cries, and SKIA and I try to calm her down before someone calls CPS on us (yeah she was THAT loud). Then she's hungry so I go to the bathroom and feed her there (it's clean I promise you). We decided to buy a bottle of wine... apparently that helps relax and it's safe for breastfeeding mothers as long as you're not drunk or feed your child immediately after you enjoy some. I met a lady there who has a 2 year old daughter and is 7 months along with her son. I was like- yeah I wish I was that tiny at seven months. Everyone thought I was carrying twins because I was huge. I did end up gaining like 35+ pounds. Sad I know. But I did fit into my pre-prego jeans today... it felt so good. Anyhoo... where was I? Oh yeah so we're at this wild flower place and Small's is fed, clean, and happy. We leave about an hour later and she's passed out in her carseat. We go down to Main St. for a nice walk-and-shop experience. Of course everything is totally outside of our price range, but it's fun to shop anyway. We're in the middle of the store (one where no bathroom is available) and she's fussy again. This is maybe an hour to an hour and a half after the first bomb. She's dirty so we ask if there's anywhere we can change her and they lead us to a back room with a bed and we change her there. We thought to ourselves... No store would allow us to do this in San Antonio. SKIA chimes in "Nor in Boerne for that matter". So she's clean, happy, and falls back asleep. It's about 5:00pm and everything is closing down. We're like what?! It's only 5pm! This is why we drove an hour here... what is going on?! But in small towns everything closes early- you know so people can spend time with their families. I guess that's why we still live in San Antonio. We can go shopping at least until 9:00pm. So we head over to this German Restaurant. SKIA is part German so we figured we'd go to one of the popular german joints there. The food- especially the appetizer- was amazing! I have never had purely German food before and it's really good! So Small's had another accident AND she was hungry. The good thing was that she didn't let us know until after we had finished out entire meal- dessert included. SO I take her, change her, and feed her. We had at least three people tell us how beautiful and cute and small Small's was. I was flattered to say the least- people think MY child is cute! Maybe they think she gets it from her daddy because I just don't see it in me. SKIA would say the opposite- that Small's must get it from me. Anyhoo... so after we have a wonderful dinner we head home. She's starts whimpering about 10 minutes from home and I'm like she's poopy and hungry. SURE ENOUGH- that's exactly what it was. See- I'm learning. So all in all our family outing was fun, frustrating, and far from our little abode which made it seem like a mini-vacation. I really appreciate being home when she's poopy and hungry. You don't have to worry about people wanting to use the stall you're occupying for the next 20 minutes and you don't have to wonder if anyone really does think that you're hurting your child because what child screams like that unless... BUT we don't hurt Small's- she's just really loud in public. We love our baby. :-) SKIA and Small's are asleep after our long day. I'm up because I can't sleep until like 11:00pm or whatever. I have a hard time sleeping. Maybe it's because I won't get away from the computer. Just maybe... whatever. I'd better get to bed then... on that note... hopefully SKIA isn't all over the bed. That usually happens if I come in later. Small's is quiet so I assume she's asleep. I love my little family.

No comments: