Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Love You, Love Me

I knew you were the one that the Lord had for me. You were just different from the rest of them. Once I met you I knew that I had to have you in my life in whatever capacity possible. You were my friend before you were my soulmate and they say that's how it's supposed to be. We laughed with eachother and just "understood" one another. We left to Mexico and when we came back things had changed. Our relationship would break the barrier of just being friends and we were on our way to being "us". I would leave a few months later and be gone for a couple more, but I came back more sure than ever that you were the one God meant. Boyfriend was a fun word to use, but frustrating as the year went by. I wanted the ring and was sure that when it came I would know. It's funny how the Lord blinds you to surprise you. I never saw it coming. We were reading 1 Corinthians 6 and BAM. You got down on your knee- asked if I trusted you "this much" and held out your promise in a little red wood box. That promise would come to fruition seven and a half months later. You were mine and I was yours. Just us two. Three months later we would say hello to a life inside and a month before our anniversary we would greet that little life outside. We were no longer just husband and wife, but now we'd be father and mother. There were many times when I'd be more mother than wife and there'd be times when you were more father than husband. Sometimes we put others before eachother and it would hurt. But then we'd get away for a while and it'd be just us two. A movie, dinner, a romantic night out and for a few hours we would be newlyweds all over again. I love you my "Shining Knight in Armor"- I know that's not how it goes, but it's the only way I'll ever say it because that's the way I've always told you and it's special when I say it that way. No other girl will love you like I do. No other man will love me like you do. When the seasons come and go- Lord willing we grow old and gray- and when it comes time to say goodbye to eachother in this world I want you to know that there was never another man that I could've shared the best years of my life with. Love you.
Love,
Me

No comments: