Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Becoming Mother

My body is nothing I'd like it to be

Exercise leave me feeling achy

My hair is still wet from my unfinished shower

When crying comes from her with such power

I'm far from perfect and it frustrates me

How one person can feel so lonely

I'd like to be the woman living all carefree

Maybe people would then like to hang out with me

But here I'm at home with my little girl

Who has no idea nor a care in the world

How the woman I was was taken away

The day she came out and decided to stay

She also has no idea I suppose

That I would give it all up when I chose

The small little child fast asleep in my arms

Over parties and friends and all the world's charm

That this grown female who takes care of her

Would go through all that to be called her "Mother"

"Children change lives" is a lovely understatement. Here's to the small miracle that changed mine. I love you my precious baby girl.

No comments: