Tuesday, May 26, 2009

So I Finally Gave In to the Mess

As hard as it may be to believe- I have only allowed my daughter to "feed herself" at most three times in her lifetime. Once she turned a year old I figured it was only a matter of time before she would have to learn to eat on her own. So today I gathered up the courage, the trashbags, and the plastic bib and let her get to it. Here I am witnessing my daughter pick up a spoon (whether turned upright or down) WITH FOOD IN IT and shovel it in her mouth, splatter it on her face, fling it in her hair and on the chair (and the floor) and all the while feeding herself without any help from me. I'm just sitting back at the table dodging the flying babyfood and I turn her way and she smiled at me with her spoon in hand and as much as I don't want to clean up the aftermath of this experience, I'm glad she can do it on her own (and very well for a beginner might I add). How fun it is to be a mom and I'm so blessed to be able to stay at home with her to see how her little adventures unfold. As my little toddler goes into pincer mode with the peas and carrots I will close this note. For those of you who have kids you know the feeling I'm experiencing. For those of you who don't have kids or have little ones who are not there yet- laugh at me and appreciate the fact that bottles don't make this much mess. :-D So... who's ready for a bath?! :-D

No comments: